Friday, February 12, 2010

Over the summer I went to visit my aunt and see her awesome house.

I was with my family and after a 2 hour trip we were finally coming down the street that my aunt lives on. When I saw the house it was slightly leaning to the right and looked like it was going to fall backwards. My aunt came out to greet us and help get out our one hundred bags full of the different pieces of furniture and the refrigerator. When I first walked in I ran up the stairs and looked over the one room that looks like it is floating over the house because it makes you feel like you are floating. Later that day I went out on one of the Kayaks to go on the lake that is literally behind the house.
The worst part about getting out on the lake is having to go through the creature infested, stinking, unforgiving stream that the Kayak lays on. I tried to convince my dad to get the boat out past the stream and I would meet him there by crossing the bridge, but he said nothing was going to happen, and I would be fine. I grudgingly agreed and got in the boat, the first section of the river was not so bad accept for the thought that the paddle was going to get stuck in the mud and it would pull me in. The middle section of the stream was the worst because of the rotting bodies of animals who had tried to cross the river, but failed because of the burning acid that instantly burns anything that touches it. Luckily for me the Kayak had a protective coating on it that protected it from burning, but if I touched it, then that would be a different story.
I put on my gas mask and as I went past it my paddle got stuck on something, I looked down, but could not see anything, I started to panic and tried to pull my paddle from whatever would be trying to take it. Then I saw it, it was a green grabber plant that was trying to break it down for nutrients, but I thought fast and took the sharp part of the paddle and pulled it back, which cut the plant in half. I started paddling fast and got past the stream and into the lake. After about fifteen minutes I was on the other side and I enjoyed the awesome feeling that I was on water and not sinking.
As I was heading back I heard a buzzing sound and looked behind me and saw the most ugliest fish I had ever seen jumping out of the water. The fish was twenty feet long and eight feet high and its mouth had a cluster of whiskers around it and big eyes that made it look very unusual and creepy looking. I did what I told myself not to do and panicked to get my paddle and get back to shore, as I was rowing I almost fell over because of not thinking of anything but the fish that I had just seen. To make this short I got back to shore and surprisingly did not fall into the acid, because that would just be my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment