Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN

SIMUN was a great experience because it taught me to speak better in front of people, and the setup made me feel like I was really in the UN. The only other UN debate I have ever done was in Mr. Fielders room, and I thought this one was a lot better because of the way we had to speak, and the chair and legal council worked very well together.
I thought I did pretty well through all of the scenarios, but my favorite one was the scenario that was about Iran building nuclear bombs. I liked this scenario because I had a lot more allies then Israel, and in the end I think Iran did better then Israel. In the scenario about Ukraine and Russia I helped write a recommendation, and that one was turned into a Resolution, and worked well to stop the crisis going on between the two countries. The scenario I least liked was the first one we did, which was about Argentina, the UK, and the Falkland islands. The reasons why I did not like this scenario, was because my country did not have a big part in the debate, and since it was my first scenario in SIMUN I was a little lost.
Preparing for SIMUN was hard because I missed a couple days that she talked about our work, and as a result most of the work I was assigned I had to email to Mrs. Bergeski over the weekend. Since I did that most of my work was not done correctly, and it lowered my grade a little.
My main goal for next year is to come more prepared because most of the preparation I did before SIMUN ended up being vital information for most of the scenarios. In addition to that, I need to come to school all of the days before SIMUN so I can know what I am doing.

1 comment: